Monday, March 29, 2010

Rainy Monday Morning

As I went to sleep last night I could hear the gentle tapping of rain on our metal roof, and the rhythmic sound lulled me to sleep. Peaceful & Lovely.

When I awoke this morning, I was immediately aware of the pounding rain on the roof. A much different feeling was stirring within me. Not the lovely quiet peace that had sent me drifting into sleep last night, but a rather fast beat that took hold of my psyche and started my day with a jump start.

It's an interesting juxtaposition isn't it? Rain can have so many different effects on us. It can seem cleansing, it can be helpful as for a farmers crops in a dry field, and it can also be devastating. It can erode mountain sides, it can flood those same crops, and it can destroy homes and dreams.

Isn't it with almost anything in life, that there is a good and a bad, a yin and a yang, a positive and a negative? In our living of life we must prepare for both sides of each situation. If our home is built on shaky ground - bolster it. If our lives are situated on shaky ground - change it. If a relationship is broken - mend it.

How are you standing today? Is your foundation solid as a rock or does it feel a bit shaky? Is the rain feeding your crop or is it flooding the fertile soil? If you prepare yourself each morning, you can just let the rain fall and enjoy the lulling song it sings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment