Friday, March 26, 2010

Cinderella Spring

Thursday was so beautiful. The sun was warming my little part of the planet and as I prepared to do some housework, the Disney version of Cinderella came to me. You know how in the Disney version of the story Cinderella sings sweetly while scrubbing the floor, tries to teach the family dog how to get along with the evil step-cat, and has friends wherever she looks?

I realized on Thursday that I suffer from..... Cinderella Spring. I guess if I must suffer from something, it might as well be a ridiculously positive outlook!

As the feeling of the annual rite of spring cleaning fell hard upon me, I cranked the Christian rock music and began to vacuum and mop the first floor of the house. I began to think of Cinderella and how she looks for beauty and peace in all things and all people. Some women would have turned bitter and angry for having all that was once lovely in her life taken away from, and turned against her. Instead, Cinderella found friends where there once were none, she found joy in music, and she found strength within herself.

I don't mind suffering from Cinderella Spring - because it is who I am deep within my core - even in the cold of winter....

No comments:

Post a Comment